Where can I do this course?
- Denbigh, Coleg Llandrillo
- Rhos-on-Sea, Coleg Llandrillo
- Rhyl, Coleg Llandrillo
Who the course is for
Would you like to develop practical skills in childcare? Are you looking for a career in the children’s services sector? This course allows you to develop the fundamental skills for this profession. It prepares you to work with children aged 0-16, in supervised roles across a range of careers. This includes work in schools, nurseries, healthcare and other contexts.
The course delivers a practical programme, focusing on the needs of real job roles and situations. In college and in a period of work experience, you will be able to acquire many of the competencies set out in the National Occupational Standards of the sector. You will also develop the knowledge to progress onto more advanced study.
What you will study
The course consists of the following units:
- An introduction to working with children
- The developing child
- Safe, healthy and nurturing environments for children
- Children and play
- Communication and professional skills within child care and education
- The child care practitioner in the workplace (practical unit mostly in placement)
- One other unit to be confirmed at a later date